Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Potato Soup

I got up this morning and went grocery shopping at Winco. It was just barely starting to snow when I went in and when I came out it was white. Of course it took me a long time to go down each aisle and get the stuff on my list. I found the chicken soup base my dad always used in the bulk section. I got some to use instead of  boullion cubes. It was a little harder without my Janna B. She always bags all the groceries for me. But I got it done.
I came home and made brownies for the kids and some Potato soup for dinner. I had some whipping cream I had bought for Thanksgiving and forgot to use so I put it in the soup instead of milk. Can I say it took the soup to a whole new level. So rich and creamy. So fattening.... Now, can I ever go back to milk. It was so delicious. Next time I just might have to get some half and half.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the time I have to stay home and cook and be a housewife. I have worked since Janna was in kindergarten. I took about 3 years off during that time. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home and do the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...