Monday, June 13, 2016

Cooking All Day

 Shortcakes

 Sweet and Sour Chicken, Brown Rice and Peas

Homemade Bisquik Mix

I spent the day in my kitchen making things.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup. I roasted the Cauliflower in the oven and mixed it in with my milk, flour and onions that had been saute'd. It was delicious. I am putting it in Cook'n.
Then I needed to make some Shortbreads for the strawberries that Tommy had bought yesterday. I didn't have enough Bisquick so I made my own mix.
Then I made my Shortbreads for the strawberries. They are so good.
Then it was on to Sweet and Sour Chicken. It was the first time I had rolled chicken in corn starch and then in egg and fried them. I put them in a glass baking dish and poured the Sweet and Sour sauce over them and baked them for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
I made Brown Rice in my pressure cooker and it was fabulous. Chef Brad told us if you pressure brown rice it is so good and he was absolutely right.
The dinner was good and I felt that my time (all day) spent in the kitchen was well worth it.
In between all that I picked up Gracie and cleaned a little house and did a little laundry.
Now it's time for bed dee bye!!
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful I am feeling stronger and better. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...