Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Power Is Out

 Janna's warm fireplace.

 Bailee and the dogs

Harley and Austin feeding and watering animals.

Woke up to no power this morning and -7 degrees. No school for the kids. Janna built a warm glowing fire in her fireplace for us. We learned a few things about being prepared. 
1. We don't have near enough wood. 
2. We don't have enough water.
3. We don't have a pump to get the water out of the blue barrels.
4. The water in the blue barrel tastes surprisingly good.
5. We need battery powered lanterns to see by.

Tommy is already making a list so we can get what we need. It was quite the adventure. The kids learned how to flush toilets with water, and how to get the water out of the blue barrels with the syphon thing from the fish tank. We were able to heat water on Janna's stove to wash our hands.
The power came back on about 12:30 and the temperature rose to -4. I ran to the store and got some bottled water for our storage room and potatoes and carrots for the stew I am making for dinner.
I didn't go to my class tonight. I was cold to the bone and just couldn't get warm so I stayed home.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for this short power outage and the things it taught us about being prepared. It's like a little trial run so Heavenly Father can show us what we need to prepare for. I am blessed to have food storage, now it's time to prepare the rest of what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...