Friday, June 14, 2013

Grinding Wheat

23 year old red wheat and 10 year old white wheat.

I was supposed to go get my toes done with Mary but her husband took a turn for the worse so she had to go to the hospital instead. It worked out good for me. I had lots to do.
I made wheat bread, ribs for dinner in my pressure cooker, and baked some potatoes. We try to eat early so Harley can eat before she has to go to work.
Next on my agenda was grinding wheat. I was all out. So I set up the grinder in the garage and started grinding. I mix red and white wheat in equal parts and grind them together. I canned the Red Wheat in Acton when I lived there. John and Tommy helped me and we canned a ton. Now I only have 14 cans left and I will be using only White Wheat. I used all the red wheat I had stored in large metal cans and some buckets of wheat that were given to me by a friend. Every single kernel was ground and bread made. I hate to waste things. I must get that from my mom.
After all this I was a little tired but I managed to make Peanut Butter Fudge for the house next door.
Now I'm going to bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for food storage. I am grateful that I learned long ago how to make wheat bread. I has served me well all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...