Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pinto Beans in the Bottles

 Short and Tall Canners

Finished Pinto Beans-Let the Taco Soup begin.

Got up and canned my 14 quarts of Pinto Beans I had prepared the night before. It took me all morning because mainly I was babysitting the gauge to keep it at 13 pounds. But I did it.
Weeded my garden and planted more lettuce and carrots. Things are coming up all over the place. I'm a happy gardener. Much better than last year.
Went to dinner for Mexican Food. All the kids are with their dad for the weekend so it's just us adults. Janna house is much too quiet without the kids and their funny antics.
Janna and I went to Walmart. She wanted to look at tablets and I had to get milk. So off we went and of course the place was packed.
Came home and prepared 14 quarts of Black Beans so I can get it done and put the canners away. Then I am good to go for another 6 months.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful that I know how to can. It has been a big blessing in my life to be able to can things and put it on my shelf. Maybe it's from my childhood of going in my Grandma's pantry and seeing the shelves lined with all the things she canned. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...