Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fire in the Hole!

When Heather was here she made Granola to take home with her. She loves my granola. Well, trying to help I took the second sheet pan out of the oven and it spilled into my oven. What a mess.
We cleaned it up and I remember telling Heather as soon as it cools down I will vacuum it out. But it was late and I was tired so I forgot. The next morning we headed to Utah so then I really forgot.
Today I decided to make a roast in my oven so I turned it on and started browning the roast in my dutch oven. I saw smoke coming out of my oven and when I opened it up there were flames on the bottom of the oven. Who knew that granola could catch on fire. It was under the metal plate at the bottom of the oven and I hadn't seen it. I scrapped the flaming granola out of the oven onto a cookie sheet and poured water on it to put out the flames.
Needless to say I then had to clean my oven for 3 hours and I couldn't use my stove at all. So it was off to Janna's oven for my roast. It turned out delicious.
I worked on Gerri's stuff some more. What a monumental job. But I will get it as done as I can.
I did laundry and folded it all up and put it away. I usually leave it on my bed until bed time and then put it on my chest that I keep my quilts in. We will see how long I can keep it up.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for my cute little kitchen and all the fun stuff I get to make in it. I am blessed with so much. Too much to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...