Friday, October 12, 2012

Potholder for Birthday Gifts

 Potholder for birthday gifts

I went to visit 3 sisters today. My favorite is Mary Studebaker and we are going to go to Walmart next Wednesday while Brother Madsen sits with her husband. We are going to lunch and Mary is having her nails done and I'm having my feet done. I also called a sister who we weren't sure about. She was very firm and said "thanks, but no thanks" to having us come visit her and to having her picture and information on our picture directory. So off the list she goes. We will still send her a letter every month, even if she doesn't like Relief Society.
I came home and worked on potholders for the sister's birthday. I got the first one finished. It's pretty easy now that I know what I'm doing. Peggy and I only have to make 126 of these for next year. I bet I will be able to do them in my sleep once I get that many done.
For dinner I made stir fry chicken and rice. So yummy. I put all sorts of veggies in it and everyone picks out what they don't want. Just like when my kids were little.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful that years and years ago I bought a book called "How to Crochet" and made a sweater set for Dean before he was born. I learned how to crochet and it has served me well throughout my life. I am blessed with this talent so I can make this gift to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...