Sunday, October 14, 2012

Family Home Evening

Today I had Ward Council meeting. It was good and we talked about all our focus families. After we were done I went to set down in the chapel and here came Aaryn Painter. She sat by me and I told her the Bishop would meet with her at 2:30. So maybe we can encircle her with love and make her feel welcome. Then just before Sacrament started Britney Barzee came and sat with me with her two little kids. Bailee ended up on the other side of Aaryn and after Austin passed the Sacrament he ended up sitting on the row behind us. I know it's important that these sisters feel they have someone to sit with so Austin and Bailee are alright with it. Fellowshipping is so important to sisters who have no husband to go with them to church.
I came home and took a nap. I was very tired. After my nap I fed my Sour Dough starter and made another loaf of bread. Janna really likes it. I'm going to keep making it until I can do it in my sleep. I will be giving loaves away when I have too many.
Austin came over this evening and wanted to have Family Home Evening. Janna said no but after she left to go to her house I decided that if Austin wanted to do family home evening we were going to do it. So I went and got Bailee and Austin. I popped corn and Bailee melted chocolate to put on her popcorn. We had prayers and played Sorry. It was fun and after the first game Janna came over and joined us. Harley had to go to work or we maybe could have gotten her too. It was fun and we decided we would have brownies and ice cream next week. We will play another game after a very short lesson or watch a movie if I can get over to Deseret Books this week. I love that the kids are the leaders in this household.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful that I have someone who wants to hold Family Home Evening with me. These kids are true blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...