Sunday, July 15, 2012

Relief Society President/Kathy Going Home

The Bishop called me when I was in Arizona and wanted to meet with me. He wanted me to come in that night but I was a tad far away. So I met with him on Sunday morning and he asked me to be the Relief Society President. My mouth dropped open and I said "Are you serious?" !!!!!! So that's my new calling. I had to wait until today to be called and set apart. I went to the Temple to find inspiration about councelors. The Bishop had given me two names that were sisters without callings. One I knew for sure but not the other. I felt good about the names in the Temple so they were called and set apart today. My secretary was the first counselor in the old presidency so she will be so helpful with all the sisters I don't know.
I really will miss my sunbeam class. I can do hard things. I just keep telling myself that.
This morning at 8am Janna and I took Kathy and kids to the airport. I missed them the minute we were out of sight of them. What a great time we had.
I had to conduct Relief Society because the old presidency was released and so we were on our own. Thank goodness for Peggy. She was able to get it all put together before Relief Society started.
After church I visited with Katie about additional meetings and what was in the works and called a couple of sisters. Then I went to bed because I was so tired of thinking.
Grateful Statement: I am glad for this calling. I am grateful that Heavenly Father still thinks I can do this.

4 comments:

  1. Wade says that what you get for being such a good person and I agree! You are going to be an awesome RS president! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean told me last night about your new calling. I think my jaw dropped just like yours. I knew it wouldn't take long till they realized what a gem you are. You are perfect!! All your knowledge and skills and organization, etc. The sisters and families in your ward will be very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy and Judy. I appreciate your kind words. I just grateful that I was able to serve with Susan. What a blessing that was. I love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little behind the times but Wow! You wil be perfect for the job. You are an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...