Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Grinding Wheat and Making Bread

Wheat Flour in Freezer

Delicious

I got out my grinder today and ground 5 #10 cans of red wheat and 1-5 gallon bucket of white wheat mixed together. The red wheat is from 1990 and is still as good as the day John and Tommy canned it for me. They canned it in my garage when we lived in Acton. We used tanks to put in the oxygen, or whatever it was called. I have 17 more cans to use and then I'm all done with the red wheat and I can use my white wheat. I just couldn't waste it so I mixed it half and half. It really makes good bread. After doing that all morning I came in and made 4 loaves of bread. Janna likes to take it to work with her for breakfast. I was all out of ground wheat so I couldn't make any bread for her. I filled up my freezer with bottles and tubs. That should last me a little while.
I did book work for Janna and paid bills so that job is done and worked on Relief Society stuff.
Janna and I took Harley and Bailee to the mall to get some shorts for Bailee to take to Utah with her and Harley needed some jeans. I got two new shirts and Janna got some tan pants to go with her uniform for court. We hate shopping but it is a necessity sometimes.
We stopped at Taco Bell and got burritos so I didn't have to cook. That really works for me because I just wasn't in the mood. 
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for my grinder and Bosch mixer. What wonderful tools to use up my stored wheat with. It makes making bread a breeze. I am blessed that my mom bought me my mixer years ago for my birthday. She loved the bread I made for her. I am blessed with so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...