Monday, July 23, 2012

Canning Black Beans

Two canners working hard.

 Kathy is ready for a nap.

 Tommy's Black Bean Burrito.

 Crazy cousins, Harrison, Austin and Hayden.

 Sleeping on the tramp tonight

Another 14 qts of black beans.

Today was a wonderful day. Kathy and I canned the Black Beans we had put in the bottles last night. I got this idea from Pinerest, love that site. Then Harrison scared us to death. His blood sugar level was so high it wouldn't register on his meter. Thank goodness for my friend Kathy who has a daughter Kristin who is a diabetic. I called his doctor and talked with the nurse and she told me what to do. It finally was at 592 then 352 then in the 200's. He was so relieved when it started coming down. Crisis averted one more time.
Kathy and I went to the restaurant store and bought good stuff. I got some plastic glasses for the grandkids and Kathy bought tons of good stuff. Then we went to Walmart to get a few groceries and stuff to make more soap. We figure it out and one batch makes 2 gallons that equal 512 loads using one tablespoon or 256 loads using two tablespoons which calculates to be 8 cents per load. I love this soap and it really cleans my clothes.
The we came home and had delicious Black Bean Burritos that Austin made for us. We used a bottle of our beans we had canned today. They were perfect.
Kathy is getting one more batch of 14 qts ready to do tomorrow morning. 
I can hear the boys out on the tramp talking so it's time to go tell them to go to sleep and I am too.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful today for the nurse that talked me through the crisis with Harrison. She gave me so much peace of mind and also my dear friend. I am blessed..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...