Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Canning Helper

Austin decided to be my helper when I started doing Apple Sauce. He really loves Apple Sauce. He helped me peel all the apples with my handy peeler. He likes to make things work so it was fun for him.
Austin Peeling

 Then he put the apples thru a sieve after we cooked them down. It was a lot of work getting the apples sauced. We added 1/3 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cup white sugar and cinnamon. It was so good.
 
Smashing

Smashing some more

 Austin helped me fill the jars with hot apple sauce and put on the lids and rings. Then he babysat the canner making sure it was staying in the right place on the gauge. He really helped me. And we had FUN.... He said he was always going to help me can. He told me it was the second time he had canned. I had to think about that one and then I remembered when he and Bailee, Harrison and Hayden came to the cannery and helped me can some stuff. Who knew we were making memories that he would remember forever. I just love when it's done and in the jars.

Yummy

Then we made black bean burritos with my canned black beans because we were too tired to do much else. Janna, Harley and Tommy had spent the afternoon in the barn working on things.
This morning Janna, Harley and I went to the Mall to spend my birthday gift certificate from Dean, Amie and Family. I couldn't find what I wanted so I decided I would come back another day and roam the store. Bailee had an overnighter with two of her friends so she was still sleeping when we left. After dinner we all went to Reed's Dairy for Ice Cream and Harley drove us. She is getting ready to take her drivers test so she is practicing every chance she can. She is really a good driver.
That's what I have been up to today. Now it's time to watch "The Dog Whisperer" and relax. It's been a really good day.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for Austin today. He is such a good help. I'm glad he likes to hang around with me and help me. I am blessed to have my wonderful grandkids. So very blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...