Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicken Coop Almost Done

Janna is a hard worker.

Chicken Coop

Tommy and Janna worked on the chicken coop. They moved it into the garage with the skidster so it would be warm enough to paint it. Harley put the chickens in it tonight so they will lay eggs where we can find them. Tommy has to make a ramp so the chickens can go in and out.
I canned 7 quarts more of Apple Pie Filling. I am done... 28 quarts should do us for awhile. I also tried to can Applesauce. Never ever trust the internet to tell you how to do something. I followed a recipe that said just chop up the apples, put them in a big pot and cook. Then put then through a sieve. Well they don't go through the sieve very well with all the peels on so tomorrow I'm going to use my apple slicer. So Harley took all the cooked apples out to the barn so the chickens could enjoy the apples. After all it isn't like I don't have an abundance of them. And we don't waste anything around here.
Being as I woke up at 2am this morning and couldn't sleep I'm about ready for bed. So goodnight journal.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for all my many blessings. I love my little house and living on a mini farm. There is always something to do so I am never bored. Life is good. Heavenly Father has been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...