Monday, February 6, 2012

Harley Has Her License

Having passed her driving test she's off with grandpa to get her license with Birth Certificate in tow. She said she had butterflies in her tummy all morning.

Driver

 Here she is with her valid temporary drivers license. Way to go Harley. All those long summer drives paid off.

She's Legal

Harley now has her Drivers License. She went to work with Janna so she could take her driving test at 9am. She passed with flying colors. She was very nervous and worried about the written part. It took a little while so Janna didn't have time to take her to the DMV and I was in the middle of making Apple Butter so grandpa took her. She was so happy when she was done and had passed everything. She now has her temporary paper copy and waiting for the real thing. Where did the time go that all these granddaughters are driving. Makes me feel real old.
I spent the day making Apple Butter. After two batches of it I had had enough. I had less than a half of a box of apples left and called the Bishop's wife and asked if she could use some. I was so glad to find a home for the rest of them. Now I can clean my kitchen and put everything away. But my pantry shelves now hold 28 quart jars of Apple Pie Filling, 7 pints of Applesauce and 13 pints of Apple Butter. Next year when I do apples I am going to have a Squeezo to run the apples through. That will make it much faster.
Now it is time to put my feet up and rest.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for Harley. She is such a hard worker and so responsible. I am so proud of the young lady she has become. She is a true blessing to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...