Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Mortuary with Carol

Carol and Jeff

I got a call from Bonnie Hall today to see if I could go to the mortuary with Carol Semmens. Her husband Jeff had passed away in the middle of the night and she was going to the mortuary to make all the arrangements.  What a strong woman. I called her to see if she would let me come. At first she was saying she didn't need anyone and that she was fine. I told her I would just sit beside her for moral support and then she said maybe she did need someone. She has no children, only Jeff's kids. I felt so sorry for her. I know that my kids would be by my side in a New York minute to help me. I really like her and I told her so. She is sweet and funny and strong.
As the funeral director was talking about the death certificate he told her that she could get his social security and she would only have to show them the death certificate. And that then hers would stop. I don't think Carol knew that. Suddenly it hit her that she would be getting half the money she gets now. She said she didn't think she could keep her house. But then the strong woman came out and she said that she had been given a Priesthood Blessing and that she would be okay.
I was so grateful that I was able to go with her. I learned lots about getting Tommy and my plots and funeral plan by listening to what they were telling her. 
I tried to call her tonight to check on her but she didn't answer. I will call her again tomorrow.
I made pulled pork burritos (Cafe Rio Style) for dinner and watched TV. Now it's time for bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the Ministering I was able to do today. I was blessed to be able to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...