Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Won't Give Up!

The last day of Summer for the kids and I decided I should can the tub of Tomatoes from my garden. I put them all in boiling water, peeled the skin off, put them in quart jars and put them in the boiling water canner. The jars were hot when I started but by the time I had packed the jars, they were cold. I put them in the water and I heard two pops. Oops! I know that sound. Of the 4 quarts that I had ended up with I had two crack. So I got them out and emptied all the tomatoes into a kettle and made a batch of Spaghetti Sauce. Tommy and the kids liked it, so I guess it was worth it. I know next time to put the jars in the boiling water one at a time as they are packed, or cook the tomatoes.
It rained off and on all day and really started coming down about the time I took the kids to YM/YW. It's good for my garden, so I don't mind.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful that I have a garden to harvest things from. I know how to grow stuff in Idaho now and it gets better each year. Heavenly Father gave me all I need! I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...