Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Canning Apple Pie Filling

Finished Product

I bought a new steamer canner and it works fabulous. My first batch out of the canner. I can just feel some Apple Crumble coming on. The first batch always takes so long because you don't remember what you did. I know it will get faster as I do more batches. Thank goodness for my Pampered Chef Apple Slicer. It makes this a lot easier. My old canner went missing. I don't know what happened to it but it didn't make it to Rigby. But now I'm glad because this new one has a gauge so I can keep track of how hot it is. So it's good to lose things sometimes.
That's what I did today. Still not completely good but I'm getting there. My throat has quit hurting and now to get over the tiredness and I'll be all good to go.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for the opportunity to can. It always make me feel useful and reminds me of my grandma. I helped her can when I was little so it is connected to lots of good memories. I am blessed to know how to do all this. Heavenly Father knows what to give me to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to let me know what kind of canner you got cuz I think I better get one so I don't have to always borrow one from someone.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...