Monday, January 16, 2012

Snowing in Utah

Snowing

My Hannah always Smiling

Hayden

Harrison

The kids were out of school for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and it decided to snow. They were thrilled. I was supposed to go visit with Heather in Mount Pleasant but I called and cancelled. I didn't know what the road would be like going there and I didn't want to take a chance on sliding off the road.
Hailey, Hannah, Hayden, Brooke and Ashley played in the snow and sledded behind the four wheeler. They were frozen popscicles when they came in.
Harrison made origamy from instructions on the computer. He is really good at folding paper to make things.
Hailey made her mom's famous rolls and I finished them for her because she was playing in the snow. I didn't roll them up like Amie does because we were making them into sliders so I just cut the dough into squares. But I don't think the squares were big enough so next time I will make them the size of a hamburger bun. They were delicious with the pulled pork that we thawed out. I'm so glad Amie cooks all these good things for us so all we do is warm them up.
The kids got the house all ready for the cleaning lady. She will be here Tuesday morning. They did a good job. I worked on the kitchen and they did everything else.
Harrison's blood sugar levels have steadily risen for the last two days so we called Amie and she had him change his site incase it was plugged up and not pumping the right amount of insulin. It helped somewhat. It was 230ish after he changed the site and I set my alarm for 1am and had him test again. It was 231 so it wasn't going up anymore. She's going to send the test record from his pump to the doctor so they can figure out what's not working. He is so good about his diabetes. So responsible with his testing and eating. He is a sweet kid.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for Harrison. We are so blessed to have him in our family. He is an example to me on how to take adversity and overcome it. I just love him. He's the bravest kid I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...