Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where Has The Week Gone

I can't believe it's Wednesday night already. I have spent the week making fudge, working on a quilt, cooking dinners and I can't really remember what else.
Today I had my visiting teachers come to visit and I made some appointments for Brittany and I to visit our sisters. It's hard around this time of the year. Everyone is so busy that it's hard to get a time that works for them so I just tell them to tell me what's good and that helps.
I have a little 11 year old girl named Brianne with me tonight. She is going to spend the night and ride the bus to school with Bailee tomorrow. Her family is having a crisis so she's my friend for the night. Such a smart, sweet little girl. Bailee is over here and they are making bracelet together.
I think I'm going to see if I can make my house a respite house for families in crisis. I would take in a child that needs a place for a day or two. I just feel so bad for these kids that are going through hard stuff. I always wanted to be a foster parent but Tommy didn't want to. But because this is only for a couple of days at a time I think he likes it better.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for Heavenly Father letting me help Brianne tonight. I want to serve all his children and what better way to feel His love than to take care of His children that need me. I am blessed to have such a caring daughter that truly looks after the families of the kids she has in the probation system.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good person. I miss you so much. I wish that you would come back here, but I know that you are needed there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to do what you do best .... love and nurture others. you're the best. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...