Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Time

When I went visit teaching Jessica told me about this fun and easy pretzel candy. It sounded so good that Bailee and I went to Broulim's and got the stuff to make them. They were so good. I'm making them next Christmas too!! That's a melted Rolo with an almond smashed down on top and a pretzel on the bottom.
 Here are the Christmas stockings that Janna filled for the kids and her and Ronnie. Tommy and I had a stocking too. How cute was that of Janna to fill a stocking for her parents. Bailee and Austin had come over to my house at 5:30 am on Christmas morning looking for their stockings. I hadn't even thought about getting them out of the Christmas Room and putting them out. Funny kids say they are going over to their house so Santa can find their stockings and put them out. I think I have forgotten how to play Santa it's been so many years since I've did it.
Christmas Eve the kids opened their pj's and the quilt Janna and I had made for them. They love the warm flannel. They are such funny, crazy kids.
Here's Ronnie opening up the quilt Bailee made for him. He always comes over Christmas Eve and stays the night so he can see the kids open their presents Christmas morning.
 Here is the Chief Dishwasher. I cook dinner and he does the dishes. I think that's a very fair deal.
After we opened all the presents under the tree Janna told the kids we needed to go to her office to get Grandpa's present. So we took the kids over so Harley could see her huge fish tank. I brought this back from Payson the last time I was in Utah. She really loved it.
Austin was so excited to see his bike. He couldn't wait to ride it. He said he knew we were going to get presents for them at Mom's office and not Grandpa. Pretty smart boy.
 And then there is Bailee looking at her TV trying to decide if she really want to keep it or take it back and get something else. Janna had to try to figure out something she would want. After all was said and done Bailee decided to keep it and now she's very glad she has one to watch in her bedroom.

I made a Turkey Dinner and didn't go to church because I couldn't figure out how to get the dinner done so Ronnie would be able to eat with us. Next time Christmas is on a Sunday we will be having something a lot easier and doesn't have to be basted.
That was our Christmas. Today we took the kids to Pet Smart so Harley and Bailee could get some fish for their fish tanks. We also took Bailee's boots back and Austin's Nintendo game that didn't work. It wasn't too bad. The store were relatively fast.
Now it's time for me to go to sleep. I'm needing some sleep.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the peace Heavenly Father gives me in times of trials. He is so loving and caring. He can literally change what's in my heart and make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...