Friday, October 7, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow

It has been snowing since Thursday and cloudy all week. I think it's a little early for snow but evidently nobody listens to me. Bailee and I went to Winco on Thursday shopping. The kids are out of school Thursday and Friday so there teachers can go to school to be better. That's what they tell the kids anyway. We spent almost 2 hours in Winco. I am now buying bulk. It's so much cheaper. I bought 2 lbs of Fetticini pasta for $2.00. It was half the price of boxed pasta. I also bought chocolate chips bulk and spices. Bailee and I had fun comparing prices and getting the best deal. By the time we came out of the market it was snowing hard. This is what it was like by the time we got home. Burrrrrr!!!
 Here is Harley taking her goats into the barn so they can get dry and have shelter. She got two flakes of hay and let the goats out of their pen in the front of the property and they followed her to the barn. How cute is that.
 And Austin went outside and started making a snow fort. The snow was wet so it rolled up easily. He had so much fun.  What a kid.
 Bailee carved her pumpkin and put a candle in it. I had to come over and go into Janna's bathroom so she could light a candle in the pumpkin so it would glow in the dark. It was pretty spooky but of course when I took the picture my flash lit up the whole bathroom.
 And I finally learned how to freeze eggs. I tried it like someone on the internet suggested. I put it in Ice Cube trays but I couldn't get it out. So I got some baggies and broke two eggs in each and put them in a bigger bag and into the freezer and I know it works because I thawed out a bag and made cookies and it worked perfect. So now I'll have lots of eggs to use after the chickens quit laying for the winter.
Tommy and I went into town today and I got a shelf for my TV in my little scraproom. I'm putting my TV up high and my sewing cabinet underneath. So Tommy will hang it for me soon. Then I can unpack all my sewing stuff and start sewing. I need lots of things to do in the long winters we have in Idaho. That's my catch up post. Now it's time for bed.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for my warm little house so I can stay warm when it is snowing and blowing outside. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...