Monday, October 24, 2011

Sweet Sabbath Day

Janna and Tommy have spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday winterizing this farm so we don't have broken pipes when the cold days come. They also worked some more on the roof of the barn to get it enclosed so when the snow flies it will be dry in there. It looks so much different now with the roof on.
Bailee, Austin and I went to church and I must say it was wonderful. We had an excellent lesson in Relief Society and Sunday School. I just love church. I love learning about what Heavenly Father wants me to do. I love getting to know more and more of the sisters in the ward. I love sitting by Ila and knowing she has problem and troubles but just keeps on smiling and doing her best. She is a 75 years old widow and looks so much younger. She is so spry and funny. She inspires me to do better. I love to watch Bonnie, the Bishop's wife, take care of all the sisters in the ward. This Sunday she took care of the 4 tiny little kids of the Machen's who were speaking. She is always mindful of what people need and so willing to help. That's a few of the things I love about my new ward.
Austin made us pancakes for Sunday dinner. We colored them orange so they would look like a pumpkin. He is quite the chef.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the Gospel and the direction it gives me in my life. It is my compass. It keeps me going in the right direction. I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...