Monday, October 10, 2011

Mowing Our Little Lawn

Today the sun came out and warmed us up a little. I just can't believe how fast winter arrived. Tommy went out and mowed our little lawn for the first time. The man is an utter genius with lawns. He can make them grow so good. He made it just in time, because in the late afternoon it clouded up and down came the rain.
Janna had the day off so we went to DI and took a bunch of stuff. Then we went to Winco so I could buy some bulk walnuts. I need to make brownies for Janna so she can take them to her office and I was almost out.
I came home from that and started organizing all the stuff we brought in from the garage. Mostly scrapbook albums and sewing stuff. I'm glad I have it in the house. Now I don't have to worry about something happening to my albums.
I made beans and  cornbread for dinner and after dinner Janna brought over two pair of jeans that were way too long and I hemed them. I told Tommy that it reminded me of Studio City when I sewed for money. All the teenagers would bring me their jeans to hem. I have hemed many a pair of jeans. I'm glad my sewing machine will sew through all the layers on the sides. It's been a wonderful sewing machine. I love my Viking!
Now it's time to relax and watch a little TV and do my dishes during commercials.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the talent I have to be able to sew. I can't wait to start making some pretty quilts.  I am truly blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...