Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Life on the Farm

Janna playing with her new drum set.

Janna welding the pipe fence together

Austin going door to door selling "Farm Fresh Eggs"

Harley painting a sign "Farm Fresh Eggs For Sale" for the front

Our setting hen

One of the three calves we are raising.

I can't believe it's been a month since I have posted to my journal. I will try to be better again. I started to Index the 1940 census today. I decided I need to do what I know how. I've indexed for years so I don't think I should quit now. It felt good to know that I'm contributing to Family History Research. And my dear friend Debbie sent me an email, which I didn't open until a month after it came, to say she hadn't seen anything from me since the Court of Honor. When I opened my emails to check for a password I had over 330 emails. I really need to get back into the swing of things. I promise Debbie, I will be better. I'm glad you are still hanging in there and volunteering at the school. I bet they love you for that.
Janna wanted to play the drums so she found a drum set in Blackfoot that we went and picked up. She is having a ball learning how to play. Lots of noise coming from the house next door. And her latest occupation is a welder. She has welded many feet of fence using well drilling pipe Boyd had to make an arena and fence in the goat pen. Lots of work for her. Sometimes I wonder how she does it.
Austin is going door to door selling eggs. He hit six houses and no one answered their doors so he quit. Epic failure. Harley decided to paint a sign to sell eggs and post it in the front yard. We'll see how that goes.
And we have a setting hen who won't get off the nest. We have no fertile eggs to put under her. I think our rooster needs to be replaced. And our newest addition to the farm is 3 of the cutest little calves ever. One was really sick and Harley worked and worked with him until yesterday he was up and roaming the farm. That's why that girl will make a wonderful vet. Well that's a recap of the picture. Now I will try to be more dilligent. Last night I took the kids to YM/YW and worked on this post and watched "Person of Interest".
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for my wonderful grandkids. They truly make my life happy. It's so rewarding to watch them grow and choose the paths they want to take. I love each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...