Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Dear Aunt Marie

My Sweet Aunt Marie

Tommy and I left friday morning and drove to Arizona. We went to dinner with Johnnie and Phyllis last night and then went to Johnnie to divide up the coins that mom had kept all these years. It was good to get the job done.
This morning we got up and went to Claysprings to visit my sweet Aunt Marie. It was so good to give her a great big hug and tell her how much I loved her. We spent a couples of hours visiting and then headed over to Johnnie for a visit. We had a delicious dinner of roast, potatoes and corn on the cob Johnnie made. He cooked the corn in the microwave with the husks on and it was delicious.
In the afternoon we went over to Show Low to the cemetery and I visited my mom's grave. I know she is not there so it's not hard on me at all. I hope she was looking down from Heaven and saw how much Johnnie and I love her. The very best mom in the world.
On the way back to Taylor we stopped at Dairy Queen and we all had a banana split. So very good. It was wonderful to visit with my brother. I just love him to pieces. It was a good visit and Phyllis and I agreed the next time I come to see them I'm bringing my Temple bag and we're going to the Snowflake Temple.
We are now back in our motel and Tommy is sleeping. We are getting up early in the morning and going back to Elk Ridge on our way home. I just can't wait to get home.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful to my Aunt Marie. She is the one that made sure all my brothers and I got baptized. I learned about family prayer around her little maple coffee table when Uncle Lester would call us all together to pray before he left for work. I will be eternally grateful for this wonderful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...