Sunday, June 22, 2014

Giving My Talk

The boys went home on Saturday morning and I had to give a talk on Sunday so I spent Saturday finishing it up. Here is the beginning of my talk:

"Last Sunday I was thinking about all the stuff I had going on that week and how I was going to be able to do it all.  I knew physically I could do it but I wanted to have a happy countenance while doing it. It was all good things. Having my grandsons for a week and sweet Annalisa with me while her family went on trek and wanting to do fun things with them.  And I still had Relief Society stuff to add to my stress. So as I conversed with Heavenly Father on the way to church I prayed to be able to do all this with a smile on my face and loving every moment.  Wouldn’t you think a kind loving Father would say poor little daughter of mine, you have so much going on, I am going to help you through all of this by lightening your load. But I have learned through the years that we can always count on Heaven Father to test us to make us stronger than we think we are.

Brother Steigher stopped me and asked me to give a talk next Sunday. I really had to laugh on the way home. It’s like when your kids say they can’t clean their room because they are too tired and we tell then that when they finish cleaning their room they can do the dishes. Just to show them that they really are capable of cleaning their rooms and doing the dishes."

But I got through it all with flying colors and had fun at the same time. Even doing my first lesson. It was a huge relief to get that talk behind me. I don't really like to give talks, they make me nervous. But I was glad for inspiration, it was probably the easiest talk I have ever written. I used the talk by Elder Maxwell called, “Hope through the Atonement of Jesus Christ”. 

Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the opportunity to stretch myself and give this talk. My second in this ward. Heavenly Father knows it's what I need to overcome my fear of giving talks. I am blessed that Brother Steigher was prompted to ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...