Sunday, April 8, 2012

Austin is a Deacon

Dean and Amie and the kids came up last night so we could spend Easter together and Dean could ordain Austin to the Aaronic Priesthood. Amie got up early this morning and hid Easter eggs all over the yard. She even hid some in the chicken coop. She said the chickens were a little upset that she was putting eggs in their nests. Too funny. Here are the kids coming out to find eggs. Whitney was so excited to hunt eggs. I love her absolute joy at the small things in life. She is a blessing in our lives and makes everyone a better person just because they know and love her.

 Here are the kids finding eggs everywhere. They are having so much fun.

 Austin and Harrison scoping out the side yard trying to find all the eggs.

Hunting Eggs

 And here is all the loot they collected. They are dividing up the eggs to make sure everyone has an equal amount. I so love these kids. They are just as cute as can be and the make me sooooo happy.

Checking out the loot

 After the hunt everyone got ready and we went to church. It was a wonderful service and my heart felt so full with gratitude for this wonderful family I have. Dean ordained Austin to the Priesthood and gave him such a wonderful blessing. It made me cry. Janna, Ronnie and Harley left after the ordination so they aren't in the picture. It was so very good to have my family with me.

Family

After church we came home and changed clothes and Janna made really delicous deviled eggs. I made Chocolate Lush, green salad and corn and Amie brought a Honey Baked Ham and last night before she went to bed she made her famous rolls. They are so good. She made a double batch and I think we have 4 left. Then we sat around and talked, laughed and just had fun until they had to leave to go home. My house is just too quiet without everyone here.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for my wonderful family. I am so blessed to have them in my life and I am grateful for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Because of Him I know I will see my mom again when I leave this life. What a comfort that is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...