Monday, October 13, 2014

Going to Phyllis' Funeral


Tommy and I left early this morning for Arizona to attend Phyllis' Funeral. She had been in the hospital and wasn't doing well. Shelly called me on Friday and said she had passed away that day around 2pm.  My dear brother was devastated. They were having the funeral on Wednesday so we left today to get there for the funeral.
We traveled to Kanab the first day and spent the night. We got up and took off for Snowflake the next morning. We were pretty tired by the time we got to Snowflake. We went over and visited with John. He was trying so hard to hold it together but if he talked about Phyllis he would break down and cry.
The funeral was Wednesday and it was packed. Tons of people. Julene and Kenny talked and did such a good job. She was buried in Pinedale beside her sister Carma.
We went back to the church and had a wonderful luncheon where I was able to visit with Ethel, Ruth, Jake and Priscella. Then Tommy and I took off to go to Kanab to spend the night. We got as far as Page and decided to stay. It was getting dark and there are tons of Deer between Page and Kanab.
We got up the next morning and headed home. It was a long drive but we made it home safe and sound.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the plan of salvation so that we know where our loved ones go when they die. Phyllis is in Paradise with her family just waiting for my brother to come join her. What a blessing to know this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...