Saturday, December 1, 2012

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

 Austin, Bailee and Mom (behind the tree).

 A live tree. It smells soooo good.

 Christmas cheer has arrived.

Cute polar bear ornament.

We went to Walmart today to get 2 gifts for families in the community that need a little help. Janna, Austin and Bailee were good sports for braving Walmart on a Saturday for me. But we got it done so I can give them to the Bishop tomorrow.
Next on the list was a Christmas Tree. I decided we needed some Christmas Spirit around here so off we all went to Scotty's to buy a real tree. We found this cute one and the smell was heavenly. While everyone decorated the tree I made baked potatoes from the potatoe the man on the corner that drives truck for a potato farm brought to us. They are huge so we had to have a potato bar.
Next on the list was a batch of fudge for the busy decorators next door and Janna whipped out her Kitchen Aid and made a batch of divinity. Yummy good!!
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for this season and the celebration of the birth of my Savior. I am grateful for his life and the example He set for me to follow. "Love one another as I have loved you" is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...