Saturday, September 8, 2018

Baby Chicks

 1st One

 Now There Is 2

 2 Moms

Gracie is in Love

I had two setting hens that were sitting on eggs. I had marked the first one but not the second so I kept gathering her eggs. One day I walked into the chicken coop and heard a baby chick chirping. The mom was off the nest so I could get a picture. The next day there were 2 chicks. I was worried about how they would get their chicks down on the ground to eat and drink water. Our nest boxes are pretty high. A couple of days later when I went to gather eggs the hen and her 2 chicks were down on the ground. And the other hen was with her. They made sure no one bothered the chicks. It was so fun to watch them take care of the little ones. 
And of course, Gracie had to hold them and fall in love. She loved that the chicks were so soft. The joys of farm life.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful that I live on this little farm. Blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...