Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rafting Down the River

Today we got up and hung around the house until about 1pm and then we went rafting down the river. Scott, Kathy, me, Matthew, Hayden and Harrison in one raft. Barry Julie, Janna, Harley and Carley in the second raft. Lexie, Rebecca, Bailee and Austin were in tubes. What a fun time we had. Scott knew just where to row to get the good ride. And of course, everyone changed tubes and rafts all the way down the river. Austin and Harrison about froze to death. Skinny little boys have no cushie fat. We kept having to drag kids into the raft. Once we got really close to Janna's raft and little Hayden just took a flying leap into her raft. It was so funny we all cracked up. After we made it down river to the dock I took the cold ones and Harley and Rebecca back to the cabin and Tommy and I went back up to the top and got Scott's truck with the trailer on it and took it back down to the dock to pick them up. It was hard for me to find it but I finally did. When we pulled up they were just getting out of the raft so I didn't get anymore pictures. My little camera had ran out of battery after taking two pictures at the beginning. It was fun and we had a lot of laughs. I think it is so good for me to be surrounded by all these happy, giggling kids. I am very, very tired and some what grouchy so I'm going to bed. I have been having a hard time sleeping since Mom passed away and have been getting up really early. I just can't lay in bed and think.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for this fun vacation that has helped me through this hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...