Thursday, March 17, 2011

More Quilts Documented

This quilt was made by my grandma Pearl Stock Petersen. She made this for my brother Larry when he came to California and got a job in a shirt factory. He would bring home piles of scraps and my grandma would make things from them. She made this quilt for Larry, but my mom kept it for him. I remember him taking it out of mom's chest and looking at it. I'm glad I ended up with it. Grandma Petersen also made a baby quilt for my John when he was a baby. I will find it when I move my stuff in and document it too.
This quilt was made by my mom for my oldest granddaughter Heather. She made Sue Bonnet candlewicked quilt blocks and I sewed it all together and she hand quilted it with her quilting buddies. I even spent some time threading needles for them when I went to visit mom in Arizona which was often. I have kept this for Heather until she has settled down in life and can take good care of it. It is one of my favorite quilts my mom made. So dang cute!!
Another candlewicked quilt my mom made and I sewed together for her. Hand quilted by her buddies.
Today I cleaned my house. I swept up wiring and dirt. Lots of dirt.... Then I took our shop vac to it and it looks so much better. I am in charge of keeping it clean. It's what I can do and I like to look at it when it's all neat and tidy.
Tommy and I went into town and bought a few groceries and some Decon. I want to make sure no mice live to eat anything in my stuff. Janna says they won't but I'm just making sure.
Then I took Austin to Scouts. He is getting his Arrow of Light. He was so excited when he came out to the car. His den leader came out with him and showed me the three things he had to finish. They were so easy. Now he just has to have a conference with the Scoutmaster. He called two of them but they weren't home so he is going to keep trying. Then at his pack meeting next week he will get his awards. Then I helped Bailee with her personal progress. She is doing the Faith one and is reading the scriptures on Faith. 
Janna had a banquet with Scott tonight so Tommy made french toast for the kids. We just hung out and watch American Idol that Janna had recorded for me.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for my new home.  I am grateful that we are able to build it.
John 20 - John 21   In verse 29 it says "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." No wonder he is referred to as Doubting Thomas. I am glad I believe and have not seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...